Wednesday, February 9, 2011

O.N.E. Coconut Water for Kids


Like all kids today, Jack has been exposed to the "juice box" phenomenon.  However, I believe we should eat our fruit vs. drink it for better nutrition, healthier teeth and less obesity in children.  Coconut water is one of my faves for Jack and I feel great giving it to him. Coconut water is high in potassium, no sugar is added and works as a great replenisher of electrolytes.  And...I can get it in a little box that looks just like all those juice boxes my son sees other kids toting around from O.N.E. Drinks.  Coconut water is the purest liquid next to water. It is isotonic which means that it easily slides into the body's cells to hydrate and nourish as well as water does. Plus CW has potassium, magnesium, other vitamins, and minerals that will help small (and big) bodies stay in a nutritionally balanced state. I rely heavily on it when Jack is sick - it is a great way to rehydrate and in no way as sweet as Pedialyte - he won't drink the stuff. The straight coconut water is a bit of an acquired taste, but you can find naturally flavored ones too. Jack likes the pineapple, pink guava and mango from O.N.E. drinks. Check out their page on Healthy Drinks for Kids. They also have a kid specific line called O.N.E. KIDS with more kid friendly flavors like apple, orange, fruit punch and raspberry lemonade and are about 1/2 the size.  I recommend all of the O.N.E. products.  In Texas it gets hot and this is a great way to make sure my little crazy guy stays healthy & hydrated!

No comments: